Oh Yes Micromax is back with bang. Yes, Micromax A116 Canvas HD is going to boom. It packs some pretty good hardware. The Micromax A116 Canvas HD is powered by a Mediatek MT6589 chipset that has a quad core 1.2 GHz processor and PowerVR SGX5 GPU. The device is laden with 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB of storage. The front has a nice and vivid 16.7 million colors, 5 inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels, hence the Canvas HD moniker.
The Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone is the first smartphone from Micromax stable to run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. After launch the device will be upgradable to Android 4.2 JB.
And you know what?? Guess the price. Its just around $280 (15000 INR). The device will be available from the first week of February and Micromax will start taking pre-orders for the device after Republic Day.
Some of the main features of Micromax A116 Canvas HD are as follows : -
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 16.7 million color display.
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, VGA front-facing camera.
- 3.5mm audio jack.
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD.
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS.
- 2100 mAh battery.
- Plus points:- Quad core and very less price.
- Minus Points:- VGA front camera and 4 GB Internal.
Here is a hands on review of the device.