The year 2012 was good for majority and worst nightmare for many. It was the year where we survived 21st Dec 2012. And if your are reading this post then you proved Mayans and Nostradamus wrong about their silly predictions (NO Offence Please ).
2012 was a great year in terms of Smartphones and gadgets. At one side, Samsung became the biggest smartphone company of the world on the other side,Nokia’s down fall begins and most probably will also continue in 2013.
This year, Android ate apple and rest of the apple survived. So, 2012 is the year dedicated to technology, smartphones, tablets etc. and as per your opinion we picked these devices into our top phones of 2012 list :-
Top Smartphones of 2012
- LG Nexus 4 also known as E960 is the only phone to run on latest Android Version 4.2. This beast is powered by Quad-core processor 1.5 GHz Krait with Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon chipset and Adreno 320 GPU. This phone is integrated with 2GB ram and 4.7″ inch display (318 ppi). Being a Google mobile, one can expect timely android updates without delay.
2. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a Giant Phablet of screen size ~ 5.5″ inches with resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (267 ppi) powered by exynos 4 quad core 1.6 ghz Cortex A-9. This phablet is integrated with 2GB ram and came pre-installed with android version 4.1.1.
3. HTC One X+ landed in our list at no. 3. Phone is nicely designed with Goose Bumping hardware. It is powered by the fast Nvedia tegra 3 @ 1.7Ghz Quad Core Processor capable of handling heavy tasks with 1GB ram. Internal Storage capacity is about 64GB and great HD display of 720 pixels with screen size of 4.7″inch super LCD 2 touch.
Top Smartphones of 2012
Top Smartphones of 2012
4. Next in our list is the Beast Samsung Galaxy S3 having an eye teasing design and display of 4.8″ inch display with screen resolution of 720 X 1280 pixels (306 ppi). Samsung Galaxy S3 is powered by Samsung’s own Exnos 4412 Quad Core 1.4 Ghz Cortex A-9 Processor with 1 GB of RAM.
Top Smartphones of 2012
5. After so much criticism, we still picked “People’s Phone” The Apple iphone 5 into our list. Apple stated that Apple iphone 5 is the result of great hard work and innovation. What we can distinguish between Apple iphone 4s and iphone 5 is a new row off apps i.e. increase in screen length . Only good thing we noticed is this phone is boosted by triple core graphics.
Sony PlayStation Mobile store launched for Xperia and HTC One X devices
Sony PlayStation Mobile store
Based on information coming from Android Community Sony has launched a brand new service with the name PlayStation Mobile that enables users to pick up games on selected devices. Of course Vita owners can also pickup these titles on their portable gaming system. Currently it has around 20 paid titles available but the list will grow over time it is expected.
Currently users with an Xperia Play, Xperia Arc, Xperia S, Xperia Ion, Xperia Acro, Xperia Acro HD, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P and HTC One X, One X+ (when it launches), One S, One V and PlayStation Vita can make use of the new gaming service. When you purchase a game on PlayStation Mobile you can play it on up to three different devices. So if you own a compatible phone, tablet and a Vita, you will be good to go. The list for devices could become bigger in the future but they will need to be PlayStation certified to play these games.
Android users will use an on-screen virtual DUAL SHOCK controller to play the games. Also as expected, Vita owners will play them using the Vita controls. Let’s hope that Sony took the time to make controls feel comfortable and refined on touch screen only devices.
Now let’s see the current availability of the service based on the same web site,. It is currently available in United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia. If you live in these regions and have supported device you can install PlayStation Mobile on your device now. Its strange that the Xperia NXT series handsets Xperia P and Xperia U are missing form the list even though both of them handle HD games pretty well.
However it is expected and we hope that Sony will expand the regions and the supported devices for this service.
Rumoured HTC One X+ seems to be real as it has made its first appearance in a brochure for UK’s wireless carrier O2.
This new brother of HTC One X is an improvement over original HTC One X. As per the spec sheet published in the brochure, HTC One X+ would be geared with quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3+ mobile processor clocked at 1.7 GHz and 8 megapixel camera with 64GB on-board storage. One X+ will be running Android Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 4.5 UI layered on it. It will also come with 25GB free Dropbox powered cloud storage.
Previously One X faced some WiFi & battery life issues. Let’s hope they are all taken care of in One X+. Moreover HTC Sense 4.5 got new power managment settings. And ofcourse, like all other HTC phones, it will come with Beats Audio technology for better sound experience.
As of now, HTC is yet to confirm the date of One X+’s launch. But we expect HTC to confirm this phone officially any time in next few weeks.
hTC Smartphones - AndroidNova.org
Heya Readers !
We’ve got news for you all. HTC to launch two new smartphones on September 19, 2012.
A leak revealed two new HTC Smartphones. HTC One X+ & HTC 8X. The specs of the HTC One X+ have been leaked on twitter. It will be an improved version of the HTC One X.
HTC One X+ Leaked Specifications
- Android 4.1 Jelly bean, along with popular HTC sense 4.5 UI.
- NVidia AP37 GPU and a 1.6 GHz Quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- Dimensions are 134.36 x 69.9 x 9.3mm
- Weighs 129g
- Battery competence is 1800mAh.
As Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be hosting the show with HTC’s Sense UI 4.5 playing on pinnacle.
hTC one X - AndroidNova.org
HTC 8X (HTC Accord) Leaked Specifications:
The absolute name of HTC Accord will be HTC 8X affirmed HTC.
- Powered by Windows 8
- 1.5 or 1.2 GHz Dual Core dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) Krait
- micro SD card support
- 8GB\16GBinternal storage
- 4.3″ Super LCD 2 HD Screen 720×1280
- 8-MP camera F 2.0 aperture 28mm wide angle with 1080p video capture
- NFC support
- 1GB RAM
- Beats Audio
HTC will be hosting a launch event in New York on September 19, where more details will be unveiled.
For other details, stay connected to AndroidNova.org
There is no denying that we all are excited for HTC One X+ after it has already been confirmed that the device will be an updated version of HTC One X with a faster 1.7 GHz Tegra 3+ processor running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS.
At first the rumours suggested that the device would launch on T-mobile USA but now it has been confirmed to be launched in UK this October with T-mobile.
hTC one X+ - AndroidNova.org
According to the latest round of rumours, The HTC Endeavour C2 will be hitting store shelves in the UK on or before October 1st. The HTC Endeavour C2 is most likely be Branded as the HTC One X+ with a 1.7 GHz Tegra 3 processor, Android 4.1, ClearVoice technology for improved call quality and an updated version of HTC Watch.
According to the stuff, The HTC Endeavour C2 will come with a pair of UrBeats earphones and may also include different colours.
hTC one X+ - AndroidNova.org
There has not been any confirmation on the pricing yet, but the handset is expected to fetch a £5 monthly premium of the HTC One X for those who pick it up for free on contract.
With the September/October launch period for the HTC One X+ quickly approaching, we would not be surprised if HTC officially announced the phone at IFA 2012 which kicks off on August 31.
Now that we have confirmed features and we all know that it is soon to be launched so, Will the HTC One X+ be the must-have Android device or would you rather hold out for Samsung‘s upcoming Galaxy Note II ?
Sense 4.0 was one thing which gave HTC a facelift over the “not so much loved” Sense 3.6. Latest Sense 4.1 has been leaked for HTC One X, based on Android 4.0.4. HTC One series released back in February was lighter, lagged less and had some great UI improvements which were well received by all. But Sense 4.0 did lag when opening the app drawer, and scrolling through home screens, and pulling down the notification bar. It was inconvenient to reach virtual menu button at the top-right corner of the screen in HTC’s native apps.
Sense 4.1 - Androidnova.org
Well HTC have worked on the above issues and came up with Sense 4.1. The tech site Geeksaber has gone hands on with this new Sense 4.1 RUU, having lists of noticeable improvements.
- Live wallpaper lag has been fixed
- There’s a dedicated button in the Camera app to switch between Front/Backward facing cameras. (Earlier you’d have to go into the menu for that.)
- A dedicated button to switch tabs in the browser. (You’d have to go into the menu for that, too)
- Complete removal of all 3D-Effects in the launcher leading to a completely lag-free experience.
- Probably the most important- Rebased on Android 4.0.4
- Added ability to remap the recent apps button/ Long-press recent apps/ Long-press Home as Menu. (yes, it removes the Virtual menu bar) under Settings->Display, Gestures and Buttons
- New, blazing fast kernel. We mean it. It scored a pretty impressive 59oo+ in Quadrant benchmark (compared to 5100+ on Sense 4)
- Wifi-dropping/ Icon showing weak signal Fixes.
- Better Battery life- 5 Hour+ Screen-on time as compared to a measly 3 Hour+ on Sense 4.
And as usual leaked ROM is available on xda-developers for HTC One X International Version. Download it here. We loved Sense 4.0 and with improvements done in Sense 4.1, we are waiting for HTC to unveil it soon. Let us know what you think about Sense 4.1 by commenting below.
Source:- xda-developers.com, geeksaber.com
The HTC ONE X has had its share of problems with some hardware issues and lawsuits.Along with the rough debut and hardware issues, another problem facing HTC One X users is rooting the latest firmware. The current method requires users to downgrade their firmware, then root. This process can take some time and can be potentially dangerous if something flashes incorrectly. The One X now has a root method for the 1.85 firmware, but users are advised to use it quickly because the door could be closed at any minute.
The exploit was posted by XDA Senior Member beaups and is only usable for the AT&T and Rogers version of the One X. As stated, the root method will likely not last forever, as beaups states:
THIS EXPLOIT MAY NOT LAST FOREVER. ATT COULD SHUTDOWN UPDATE SERVERS OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES AND KILL THIS. DO IT NOW.
This is because during the method, users are to check for updates on their phone. This gives the device a file called local.prop, which is essential for the root method to work. Aside from the time sensitive nature, the root method itself is easy and pretty basic. Simply download a few files and carefully type in some commands and that Superuser box pops up in no time.
The full method, download links, and additional information can be found in the original thread