Today Android platform is in consideration of each and every manufacturer and software provider and all this is due to its capability to get innovated to a very large extent.Latest android smartphones have reached the maximum size of 5.5 inch (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) and that of tablets is 10 inch (Nexus 10). For many android users this huge size is always a point of concern which makes the user to stay away from the device on many occasions. Many users feel uncomfortable to attend a call on their phone due to this huge size of the device.
Also the huge size adds to the chances of damage to the device so now these days everybody wants to have a device which has all the features packed in a very compact and convenient to use size. What if you can carry a smartphone in the form of a wrist watch. It looks really incredible to have such a functionally compact device bound to your wrist.
In order to achieve this mark the company ‘OMATE‘ has made a smart-watch which will not only act as a watch but also it will be a full fledged smartphone. The company has named it as Omate TruSmart smartwatch.
This watch will be working on Omate OS 1.0 which is based on Android 4.2.2 along with these features:
- 1.5-inch 240 x 240 pixel AMOLED Color display
- MediaTek MT6572 Cortex A7 1GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 4 GB of internal storage
- MicroSD card slot providing memory expansion up to 32GB
- A-GPS for navigation
- Wi-fi connectivity along B/G/N
- FM Tuner for radio
- Hardware vibration feedback
- Bluetooth allows you to connect it to smartphone,tablets or Google glass
- External speaker
- 5 MP camera (First ever to have appeared on a smartwatch)
- Back of the smart watch is removable so it allows the user to replace the battery whenever required
- Gesture controls
- Specially it is a waterproof device
Also there is a very good news for the users who love to root the android devices. This watch is rootable and soon after its launch we will see a rooting method for it via clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery.
The Omate team has said that the built in gesture controls in this watch will help the android developers to enhance the functionality and experience of various android apps on this device.
Moreover the Omate team has confirmed that they will make this watch available in the market in October 2013. Pricing of this watch is still in the dark.