Just two days ago, izap, a junior member on XDA- Developers was the first one on the internet to claim he has a leak of official Android Jelly Bean Firmware(4.1.2) for the device Samsung Galaxy SII. He created a post in the general section of Samsung Galaxy SII forum and asked for some time to upload and provide it to all.
Initially, many senior members doubted him as a troll but just after 12 hours of patience he provided everyone with the download links and just in the next few hours we observed the thread went as the most active thread on XDA with lots of appreciations, discussions and talks about the rom.
Meanwhile, Team AndroidNova wasted no time to download and test it for all of our readers and provide you all with the review after a full day use of it.
So lets start with the review of the leaked official Jelly Bean rom for Samsung Galaxy SII.
- Surprises that Samsung gave out with this starts right from its bootanimation. As soon as the device booted for the first time, to our surprise the boot animation that Samsung gave was of the same as Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- The biggest package ever didn’t stopped surprising us with its boot animation, it booted into a brand new UI. Yes Touchwizz UX UI. The biggest package one can ever expect for this device.
- The surprise package continues as there were major changes in the usability of the device.
Not just the UI but many new features from Samsung Galaxy SIII has been ported to the device such as the Smart Stay, Reorganized settings menu, 2 Homescreen modes, New Notifications bar, Google Now, Resizable Pop-up play screen.
- Updated Music Player and Video Player with SoundAlive integrated enhancing the music performance that is just perfect for all music lovers.
- Updated Camera and Gallery Apps and is much better then the previous ones provided.
- Updated browser provides a very smooth browsing experience on the whole.
- Resizable Widgets.
- Overall the Leaked JB ROM is extremely smooth and using it almost for 24 hours we found no lags.
- After a day of usage we found the battery life is a bit short and the battery drains in a much faster rate when compared to the battery life of the device running on stock ICS.
Icing on the Cake factor:
- Not just the leaked rom is super smooth, but after a day testing we found the rom absolutely bug free and we guess its extremely close to the final version.
- The device will recieve a major update very soon, in which if you exclude the ripple lock, the device will incorporate all the features that made Samsung Galaxy SIII a class apart from Samsung Galaxy SII
Click Here to checkout the XDA Thread for the ROM
AndroidNova.org Ratings – 4.5/5
Do leave your valueable feedbacks on how you all like our review on the leaked rom, and for other updates on the Android Universe, stay tuned to AndroidNova.org