The most awaited ICS (Icecream Sandwhich) update has been released for. Xolo x900 users. Whereas, all other Intel powered phones users are waiting for their carriers to release update. Orange Sandiego & Megamint users can also taste ICS if they don’t want to wait for official one by flashing Xolo x900′s update (Tutorial coming soon).
ICS review & Benchmarks
Our team got a chance to taste ICS and we are bringing its flavor to you.
What’s new with this update?
- As expected, Xolo X900 runs on a non-customized ICS rom i.e. AOSP, which is a good thing. User can experience Google’s original ICS.
- Overall performance is improved. We felt it more smoother than previous version of android. Benchmarks are good enough for a single core processor phone which beats all phones in memory with 6127 points.
- Update comes with new camera app which resolves many bugs like dull images which were present in Gingerbread version. New camera app is easy to use and packed with attractive features and looks.
- Music & sound quality are improved. Music app comes with interactive UI & sound effects.
-Music controls on lockscreen has been added which was requested by many users.
-Fonts are now customized according to the screen resolution of 1024×600 and also user can now set the font size.
-Update also helped to improve battery life.
-issue of app compatibility has been resolved now games like temple run and asphalt 7 etc. are in supported list.
-At this stage, we were expecting Jellybeans from Intel. We do not want Intel and their partner carriers to delay the update.
- Bootloaders are still locked – Android is an open source project and every user has its rights to customize their OS according to their needs. Intel is new to android phone market and by locking down bootloaders in the name of security will not help Intel to develop in the market. This phone is still vulnerable to USSD code attacks.
We appreciate Intel’s work over this update and we hope that Intel will resolve above issues as well as will work over fast updates.
For More do visit www.Androidnova.org