About Instagram :
Instagram : A beautiful way to share your world. It’s fast, free and fun!
Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you’ll want to share with friends and family.
Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
Instagram Features :
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
- And much much more…
Relationship Between Instagram And Facebook :
Instagram, which is owned by Facebook Inc., made its announcement in a blog regarding the Upcoming Instagram Profiles on web.
The layout of the Web profiles is:
- reminiscent of Facebook timelines ,with the exception of little text and ads.
- So that the users will have a large cover image that’s a collage of their old Instagram shots.
- having their profile photo on the right side and their snapshots cascade down the page.
Facebook has insisted since it bought Instagram this year that it will keep it running as a separate service. That still appears to be the case. The Instagram Web pages don’t link to Facebook and don’t ask users to log in using their Facebook accounts.
Instagram’s privacy settings are like Twitter’s. Users can either choose to be fully public, so that anyone can see and comment on their photos, or private, such that photos can be seen only to pre-approved followers. Unlike with Facebook’s complex, granular privacy controls, there is nothing in between.
Facebook, which is based in Menlo Park, Calif., agreed to buy Instagram in a deal valued at $1 billion in April, before its May initial public offering of stock. Upon closing on Aug. 31, the deal was worth $715.3 million because of Facebook’s fallen stock price.
“ The photo-sharing app that was created for mobile phones, now on the verge of expanding on the Web “
New Web Experience for Instagram :
As Demanded for Instagram on the web by the People around The World has been listened and approved .And within a short time period , Instagram has rolled out Instagram profiles on the web! Your web profile features a selection of your recently shared photographs just above your profile photo and bio, giving others a snapshot of the photos you share on Instagram. In addition, you can follow users, comment & like photos and edit your profile easily and directly from the web. It’s a beautiful new way to shareyour Instagram photos!To see your profile, or to explore a friend’s profile, simply navigate to instagram.com/[username].
For example, in order to view Milli’s profile ,
- type the username of that person , i.e. ” @embignuts “
- and you’d navigate to ” instagram.com/embignuts “ on the web.
If you don’t see your profile yet, be assured that you’ll see it in the next few days. The process of rolling out profiles to everyone on Instagram is on over the course of this week. You can find more information on Instagram profiles below the photos in this post, as well as in Instagram’s help center.
Accessing Instagram On Web :
Steps are as follows :-
- Navigate to instagram.com
2. Enter your Username and Password
3. Welcome to Your Web Profile
(To view more pictures simply scroll down or Click Load more .)
Now ,take a look at some of these Beautiful Web Profile to get a sense of the new Instagram Web Profiles :
Instagram Web Profiles: Common Questions
- What are Instagram web profiles?
Instagram web profiles are a beautiful new way to view and share Instagram on the web! Your web profile features your photos along with your profile photo and bio, giving others a look at the content you share on Instagram.
- What can I do with Instagram web profiles?
You can share your own profile with anyone you want to see your Instagram photos. In addition, web profiles provide an easy way to follow other users, comment & like photos, and even edit your profile directly from the web.
- Why is Instagram launching web profiles?
We’re launching web profiles to give you a simple way to share your photos with more people and to make it easier to discover new users on the web.
- How do I see my web profile?
To see your profile, or to explore a friend’s profile, simply navigate to instagram.com/[username]. For example, in order to view milli ’s profile, @embignuts, you’d navigate to instagram.com/embignuts on the web.
- Why can’t I see my web profile yet?
Web profiles will launch to all Instagram users in the next week or so. If you can’t see your profile yet, rest assured that you’ll see it in the next few days.
- Who can see my web profile?
If your photos are set to public, anyone will be able to see your profile by visiting instagram.com/[your username] on the web. You do not have to be an Instagram user to view a public user’s profile on the web.
If your photos are set to private, your photos will be visible only to logged-in Instagram users you’ve allowed to follow you.
- What photos are included in my web profile?
All photos you’ve shared to Instagram are included in your web profile.
- My photos are set to “Private” – do I still have a web profile?
Yes, but not everyone will be able to see your photos. Your photos will be visible only to logged-in Instagram users you’ve allowed to follow you.
- Can I upload photos from the web?
Instagram is focused on the production of photos from mobile devices so users are not currently able to upload from the web. We’re excited about how Web Profiles will make it easier to browse and share content on the web for all our users.
Instagram says it’s still primarily mobile focused, so there won’t be any web uploading of pics, but you can still like and comment on other user’s photos from the web, as well as edit your profile.